Thursday 10 November 2011

Wedding songs part deux

Right as promised, a few updates on the search for the most appropriate wedding-certificate-signing-interval-song (s).

One I really like, is Nico Stai's One October Song. The guitar is just lovely and I really like the rhythm of the song. Only downside is that the original lyrics aren't particularly suited to a wedding, and by not particularly suited I mean they definitely would not be suitable for a wedding. HOWEVER... Jemma has given me free rein to changes lyrics as we see fit to make stuff fit, so below are my alternative lyrics to Nico Stai's One October Song.

I've included a link to the original (yes it was the main love theme for Chuck) so you can see how it sounds in original:


And here are my alternative, wedding-friendly, lyrics:


You know that thing, that you say you sometimes dream of,
I think it's happening to me.
You know they say, that time can take a hold of you,
Well love can take a hold too.

And oh no.... I never really thought... about it.
And oh no..... I never thought it'd happen...to me.

But you and me, we fit together perfectly,
The sort of thing you never see.
Never thought that love was on the cards, but here we are, and
I count my lucky stars

Cos oh no... I never really thought.. about it
And oh no... I never thought it'd happen... to me.

You know that that thing, that you say you sometimes dream of,
I think it's happening to me...


Any immediate thoughts/comments very much appreciated. Even if you think it's boring/rubbish/god awful and never want to hear it again, or if you think the amended lyrics are too cheesy, I honestly won't mind!! At the end of the day it has to be right for Steve and Jem, so whatever they want is fine with me :)

Ta ta for now!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment