Wednesday 16 November 2011

'Songbird' and 'Feeling Good' videos (eventually)

Hi all...

uggghh, I'm not sure what's wrong with me today but obviously it's not a good day to film myself singing. So to spare you the boredom of me whinging, here's another video (after several aborted attempts), this one an attempt at Songbird which was originally written by Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac and made famous more recently by Eva Cassidy and even more recently All Angels. Bear in mind, I don't make any claims to be able to sing anywhere NEAR as well as any of the other versions, this is just little old me doing the best I can after a pretty frustrating afternoon.


So I hope you like it (I thought it sounded ok while I was singing but not so sure now...), and if you have any comments good or bad please don't be shy. I know I'm not A-Mazing, but if you think it sucks, I'd much rather know and not be like those delusional wannabees on X-Factor who are most likely selected for the entertainment value of watching someone who thinks they're awesome crash and burn on TV. [On a side note, I haven't been following X-Factor, but seriously, people of Britain, Frankie Cocozza?? What were you thinking?]

I've also uploaded a video of me singing 'Feeling Good' by Nina Simone (below) - again, it's nothing like as good as the original and it probably sounds a little strange without any backing, but I hope it gives you a flavour for what the song is about.

 

Haha! My face looks funny at the end of this video! *Chuckles* I might go so far as to recommend you open another window and do something else while listening as I don't half pull silly faces and close my eyes when a high note is coming up - it's the only way of ensuring I actually make it that high!!

And here's the 'Feeling Good' video. I particularly like it cos to me it's about having a fresh start and just feeling really happy, and I think that's how I'd feel if I was getting married to the person I loved :D Plus I know it has been used at weddings before so it's not unsuitable I feel, but you may feel differently of course.

Thanks for watching! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment