Sunday 30 October 2011

George Brassens (2 Oct 1921 - 29 Oct 1981)

Just to add to my previous post about George Brassens, I completely failed to notice that yesterday was actually the 30th anniversary of his death. Thankfully someone who re-tweeted the link to my translation (@EasyTypeFrench) also mentioned it in one of their tweets! What a coincidence eh? I've often thought my iPod was clairvoyant - there've been a number of occasions when I've had it on random on the way to a sad occasion such as a funeral and it plays all number of tracks that seem eerily fitting, e.g. songs by Funeral For a Friend, or Helena by My Chemical Romance (the video of which is all about a funeral) to give just two examples.

Anyway, to celebrate the life of George Brassens here's a link to one of my favourite tracks of his, 'Je Suis Un Voyou' with one of the best lines ever:
"Qu'il me le pardonne ou non,
D'ailleurs, je m'en fous,
J'ai déjà mon âme en peine:
Je suis un voyou."
(If He forgives me or not/ well I don't give a damn/ I'm already going to hell/ a lout is what I am)

Adieu for now! x

No comments:

Post a Comment