Wednesday 11 January 2012

Things to look forward to in 2012

Because the last post ended up being pretty long I thought I'd start a new post with stuff for this year! Unfortunately I haven't actually done any blogging since my post on the 3rd so my original list of stuff to look forward is already partly out of date... oh well. Here's the new and updated list anyway.


Things to look forward to for 2012

1. Starting my new job at the end the month in publishing - so excited!

2. Celebrating my friend Cara's 29th birthday at some point in the year (it was going to be on the 29th Jan but we've had to postpone as she's in the middle of relocating)

3. Going to some energetic, sing-along gigs: Reel Big Fish in Liverpool on 3rd Feb, Bon Jovi Experience (the only Bon Jovi tribute band to have played with JBJ) in Stafford on 17th Feb, and Alkaline Trio (woohoo!) on May 5th at the Manchester Academy

4. Jemma and Steve's wedding in April  - we got the bridesmaid dresses last weekend (for a bargain as well) and the official invite arrived yesterday. It's coming up so fast...

5. The 2012 Olympics - just watching on the TV, but I do really like the athletics and I also enjoy the Gymnastics, despite sometimes being creeped out by some of things people can do with their bodies


Things I *want* to do in 2012

1. Read more great books (and finishing some ones I got a long time ago).
Current reading list: Pleasures and Sorrows of Work (now finished) Sense of an Ending (on second reading now - I highly recommend it!!), Persuasion, All Quiet on the Western Front, and more Paolo Coelho books (loved The Alchemist). Any suggestions, please leave a comment!I may even get round to joining the local book club :)


2. Clearing my overdraft and starting to pay off my student loan (very slowly!)
 

3. Saving up for another motorbike holiday (maybe Germany this time?)


www.blessthisstuff.com

4. More cooking, and using my new kitchen toys like my hand blender, and my super cool new garlic rocker by Joseph Joseph (how cool is that??)
No idea what the original source for this is, sorry!






5. Getting my first tattoo. This is my current inspiration in terms of the colour blending and soft watercolour style, but I don't think I want something quite this big. I'll probably just go for one butterfly to start with. I'm currently thinking of something in peacock blues and greens.


That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll add to the lists at some point in the year!

Hope you're all having a great start to the New Year!

Love Lettie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment